Education Lead: Look Development
POSITION: EDUCATION LEAD: LOOK DEVELOPMENT
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION: VOCATIONAL
The Education Lead: Lighting & Texturing is responsible for overseeing the Lighting & Texturing curriculum, courses, faculty support and general administration. This includes class expansion, faculty supervision, compliance, and curriculum design of the educational programs at Gnomon. The Education Lead: Lighting & Texturing ensures that academic goals remain in adherence with the school’s mission of providing computer graphics education for careers in the entertainment industry. Areas of core competencies include, but are not limited to; knowledge of educational protocols, curriculum development, mentoring, and Lighting & Texturing expertise. Required soft-skills include, but are not limited to; leadership, effective organization, self-motivated, adaptable, efficient time management, and strong interpersonal communication skills. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
FLSA Exemption: Exempt
Direct Reports: Yes
Essential Functions, but not limited to the following:
- Recruit, hire and train new faculty specifically in Lighting & Texturing-related courses, while also assisting the Education team with other faculty recruitment efforts, when needed
- Collaborate with Executive Director of Institutional Accreditation & Strategic Planning (or assigned) to ensure that the school meets accreditation standards in educational pursuits
- Collaborate with the Education Department, and other department heads to ensure that curriculum and instruction is appropriate and meets Gnomon’s mission
- Evaluate instructor performance for assigned faculty every two years, or as needed.
- Ensure all Lighting & Texturing faculty meet Gnomon’s teaching criteria and standards
- Collaborate with Human Resources to ensure all new faculty are hired and given access to all accounts prior to starting
- Perform Faculty Orientation with all new faculty, shadow faculty on their first day, and review performance, as needed
- Attend and contribute to Program Advisory Board meetings twice per year
- Attend student-centered events and meetings (i.e. student council events, Gnomon education-centered events)
- Ensure all assigned faculty have a completed syllabus prior to teaching, and maintain the data integrity of the Syllabi Database
- Teach three (3) to five (5) courses per term, specifically related to Lighting & Texturing or aligned with education and professional experience
- Mentor and support students within the Academic Mentoring Center
- Collaborate with Registrar in scheduling faculty every term
- Participate in Gnomon events (i.e. open house, quarterly new student orientations), as needed.
- Remain current in industry best practices, tools, hardware, and software
- Maintain job knowledge by attending workshops and/or participating in professional development.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality, ethics and integrity.
- Conduct all activities in accordance with the highest ethical standards.
- Adhere to all state, and federal accreditation and school rules and regulations regarding student recruitment.
- Additional related duties may be assigned, as needed by the supervisor or department
- Continuously uphold Gnomon’s Mission Statement:
Gnomon specializes in computer graphics education for careers in the entertainment industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4 or more years of experience in Lighting & Texturing or aligned professional work required
- Understanding of educational paradigms, protocols, and pedagogy is preferred
- Experience working in a school/university or educational paradigm is preferred
- Proficient in relevant software is required
- Familiarity in the field of art, design, and/or 3D computer graphics content creation
- Ability to think, reason, and make sound judgments to decide how duties and responsibilities are completed in compliance with Gnomon’s guidelines, mission, and accreditation standards
- Practice and promote professional judgment that creates a positive and composed work environment
- Knowledge of college educational philosophy; college curricula and instructional programs
- Demonstrate personal integrity and excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact successfully with a diverse constituency, including students, faculty, and staff.
- Must work well under pressure and be able to manage diverse teams working on multiple projects under strict deadlines.
- Appropriately handle, sort, file confidential and sensitive information, and locate, gather, synthesize, and interpret complex information.
- Highly collaborative with excellent work ethic to produce deliverables with speed and humility.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Integrate new knowledge from a variety of sources with previous knowledge.
- Read, write legibly, proofread, and follow written and oral instructions in English. Communicate clearly, effectively, and respectfully in writing and orally.
- Strong personal accountability, problem solving and time management skills
Gnomon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Gnomon does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, religion, national origin, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship and/or immigration status, credit report or credit information, prior non-conviction arrest record, political activities or affiliations, child or spousal support withholding, domestic violence status, denial of family or medical care leave, lawful conduct occurring during nonworking hours away from the employer’s premises, and any other protected class, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Discriminatory, harassing, or retaliatory behavior is strictly prohibited.