Outreach Representative/College Recruiter
POSITION: OUTREACH REPRESENTATIVE
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS & ENGAGEMENT
The Outreach Representative is responsible for the general recruitment of qualified candidates for the school’s academic programs, which includes developing interactive experiences, both on site and off, that aim to inspire, engage, and inform aspiring artists about the educational opportunities at Gnomon. Candidates must be quick learners, engaging public speakers, and highly motivated. Required abilities include collaborative and creative problem solving, solution-oriented thinking, and the ability to develop new initiatives from the ground up. This position may require travel throughout the year as well as some evenings and weekends. Areas of core competencies include but are not limited to; professional correspondence and communication, recruiting, advising, administration, critical thinking, and a high degree of sensitivity to the needs of those contacting the office. Required soft skills include, but are not limited to, effective organization, self-motivated, adaptable, independent task management, collaborative team initiative building, strategic thinking, efficient time management, and strong interpersonal communication skills. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
FLSA Exemption: Exempt (salary)
Direct Reports: No
Essential Functions, but not limited to the following:
- Contribute to evolving initiatives aimed to inspire and engage prospective student artists in the subjects of Animation, VFX and Games
- Coordinate and deliver engaging presentations to large and small group settings such as conventions, classroom presentations, Open House presentations, virtual info sessions, as well as one-on-one meetings
- Cultivate new relationships with regional and national Art teachers/Digital Art educators for ongoing outreach and recruitment
- Showcase Gnomon through presentations, classroom visits, campus tours, career fairs, trade shows, and more, providing information on the school as well as the career paths available to artists seeking careers in the entertainment industry
- Create new strategic relationships to benefit Gnomon and its outreach effort, including; local and national art educators; high schools and community colleges; international contacts; and relevant industry partners
- Support and guide prospective students, parents, and educators on Gnomon’s admission procedures and policies
- Take inquiry calls from all potential students interested in knowing or receiving information about the programs—including entrance requirements, curricula and academic standards—and encourage qualified prospects to schedule an appointment for an interview.
- Provide feedback on in-process art portfolios at events and other places of engagement
- Make outbound phone calls to potential students that have expressed interest in attending the institution.
- Accurately account for all inquiries and the admissions activity associated with all inquiries within the student database.
- Maintain job knowledge by attending workshops and/or participating in professional development.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality, ethics and integrity.
- Conduct all activities in accordance with the highest ethical standards.
- Adhere to all state, and federal accreditation and school rules and regulations regarding student recruitment.
- Additional related duties may be assigned, as needed by the supervisor or department
- Continuously uphold Gnomon’s Mission Statement:
Gnomon specializes in computer graphics education for careers in the entertainment industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 2+ years of Customer Service, Outreach, Community Engagement, or similar experience required
- Knowledge of art, design and 3D computer graphics content creation is required
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and MS Word, Adobe, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and collaborative skillset required
- Must be willing to travel and work non-traditional hours as needed
- Entertainment, gaming, or art background a plus
- Demonstrate personal integrity and excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact successfully with a diverse constituency, including vendors, students, families, faculty, and staff.
- Must work well under pressure and be able to manage diverse teams working on multiple projects under strict deadlines.
- Extreme attention to detail, including top-notch organizing and multitasking skills, handle multiple projects and prioritize accordingly.
- Appropriately handle, sort, file confidential and sensitive information, and locate, gather, synthesize, and interpret complex information.
- Highly collaborative with excellent work ethic to produce deliverables with speed and humility.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Integrate new knowledge from a variety of sources with previous knowledge.
- Read, write legibly, proofread, and follow written and oral instructions in English. Communicate clearly, effectively, and respectfully in writing and orally.
- Strong personal accountability, problem solving and time management skills
Gnomon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Gnomon does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, religion, national origin, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship and/or immigration status, credit report or credit information, prior non-conviction arrest record, political activities or affiliations, child or spousal support withholding, domestic violence status, denial of family or medical care leave, lawful conduct occurring during nonworking hours away from the employer’s premises, and any other protected class, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Discriminatory, harassing, or retaliatory behavior is strictly prohibited.