Director of Industry Marketing
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF INDUSTRY MARKETING
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: PRESIDENT/CEO
The Director of Industry Marketing will oversee and lead Gnomon’s industry-facing marketing efforts and is responsible for building and maintaining long-term strategic relationships with key industry partners. This position is responsible for overseeing Gnomon’s marketing and design departments by providing leadership, developing and executing promotional strategies, leveraging industry relationships, and increasing awareness of Gnomon’s brand. Ideal candidates will have experience within the VFX/Games/Animation space, and an awareness of the current state of the industry, including trends, hardware, software, companies, and artists. Areas of core competencies include but are not limited to; industry events and tradeshows, social media, live streaming, digital marketing, print materials, promotions, and PR initiatives. Required soft skills include, but are not limited to, problem-solving, flexibility, highly collaborative, leadership, and strong interpersonal communication skills. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
FLSA Exemption: Exempt (salary)
Direct Reports: Yes
Essential Functions, but not limited to the following:
- Oversee marketing and design departments, providing leadership, mentorship, and motivation to team members
- Develop, execute, and evaluate marketing strategy and planning in collaboration with the Offices of Communication & Engagement, leadership team, and other company stakeholders
- Collaborate with company stakeholders to create, maintain, and evolve a consistent brand standard for Gnomon and its outward-facing messaging (School website, promotional literature, social channels, streaming content, digital advertising, events, and more)
- Oversee, analyze, and report on key performance metrics relating to Gnomon’s social media, website traffic, digital ad campaigns, streaming analytics, and event RSVPs/viewership. Generate weekly analytical reports to review with the owners and company stakeholders
- Identify short-term and long-term scheduling, budget, and resource needs, including the development and management of an annual marketing budget, expenditure spending, and other financial considerations
- Build, maintain, and grow long-term strategic relationships with key industry partners and leverage relationships in support of the school’s mission
- Oversee the organization and execution of company conferences, trade shows, and participation in major industry events
- Identify areas of growth and potential in Gnomon’s social media, website, and event content, and develop new strategies for growth in collaboration with company stakeholders
- Maintain job knowledge by attending workshops and/or participating in professional development.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality, ethics, and integrity
- Conduct all activities in accordance with the highest ethical standards.
- Adhere to all state, and federal accreditation and school rules and regulations regarding student recruitment
- Additional related duties may be assigned, as needed by the CEO or leadership
- Continuously uphold Gnomon’s Mission Statement:
Gnomon specializes in computer graphics education for careers in the entertainment industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field required
- Strong track record of leadership; experience leading multi-member teams
- Experience in marketing, editorial, social media, PR, or production in VFX, Games or Animation
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask, while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong copywriting skills and overall attention to detail
- High competence in project and stakeholder management
- Proven ability to manage project budgets
- Professional and proactive work ethic
- Strong leadership skills, and the ability to lead productive and harmonious teams
- Market-savvy professional with a keen eye for identifying and capitalizing on emerging trends
- Understanding of the entertainment industry (CG and VFX for film, games, and animation)
- Attention to detail, including strong organizational skills to meet deadlines, handle multiple projects, and prioritize accordingly
- Highly collaborative with excellent work ethic to produce deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to empathize with different cross-functional teams
- Proficient using Microsoft Office, and project management software (Jira)
Gnomon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Gnomon does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, religion, national origin, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship and/or immigration status, credit report or credit information, prior non-conviction arrest record, political activities or affiliations, child or spousal support withholding, domestic violence status, denial of family or medical care leave, lawful conduct occurring during nonworking hours away from the employer’s premises, and any other protected class, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Discriminatory, harassing, or retaliatory behavior is strictly prohibited.